1. The General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government protects details of a personal nature as established in the Data Protection Law, the Regulations drawn up to develop this and the Basque Data Protection Law.
2. The General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government has created a website under the name of IREKIA - Open Government, in order to facilitate the participation of the public in Government activities. This consists of two sections: the first of these allows users to comment on news items published on the Basque Government's IREKIA website and secondly, allows them to formulate proposals and publish their comments through the use of the computerised platform developed by the Basque Innovators Community, which is interconnected with IREKIA. In other words, the aforementioned entity has provided the General Communications Secretariat with a computer tool that enables the Basque Government to interact with members of the public with the aim of gathering their comments, opinions and contributions in a collaborative, working forum created for this purpose on the website of the Basque Innovators Community under the name of IREKIA.
3. The data provided by users will be utilised solely and exclusively for the purposes established in the IREKIA - Open Government website of the General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government.
For this purposes described above, the General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government has created a file called IREKIA - Open Government, which has been registered with the Basque Data Protection Agency (see Regulations and/or registration)
4. For the aforementioned purposes, in other words, to interact with the public in an open, working forum, the General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government is authorised, with the user's consent, to register the latter's personal details with the website of the Basque Innovators Community of the General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government, a collaborator of the Basque Government on the IREKIA - Open Government website.
5. In compliance with the stipulations set out in Law 15/December 13, 1999, on the Protection of Data of a Personal Nature (LOPD), the person to whom the details belong may, at any time, exercise his/her right to access, rectify, cancel and contest by writing to the following postal address: Calle Navarra, no. 2, 01007 Vitoria-Gasteiz.
6. The General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government and INNOBASQUE undertake to adopt measures of a technical and organisational nature required to guarantee the security of details of a personal nature and prevent these from being altered, lost, processed or accessed without authorisation, in accordance with technology available at each moment in time, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which these are exposed, whether these are due to human actions or physical or natural conditions and especially those provided for in Royal Decree 1720/December 21 2007, which approves the Regulations developed on the basis of Organic Law 15/December 13 1999 on the protection of data of a personal nature.
7. The General Communications Secretariat of the President's Department of the Basque Government may store and make use of IP addresses in order to analyse traffic, administer the portal and monitor its use in general and may use website analysis services (for example: Google Analytics or similar tools) solely for the purpose described above.